Stay up to date on new products, promotions, and more!
Jeep Straight Lower Gear Selector
Is your body lift or transfer case drop giving your Jeep TJ shifting issues? Then check out Rough Country's new Jeep TJ Straight Shaft Lower Gear Selector. This innovative little product fixes a common issue with Manual Jeep TJ's that pop out of gear or do not properly engage 2nd, 4th, and reverse gears on Jeeps outfitted with either a transfer case drop kit or up to 2in body lifts.
This product extends the height of the shifter 1/2in over stock height. Factory TJ gear selectors have a 1.25in offset bend towards the rear of the Jeep, while our design features a straight shaft for optimal height and clearance. Best of all, this item is easy to install! The Lower Gear Selector replaces the factory part and mounts perfectly with the existing shifter. No cutting, welding or other round-about adapters to fool with! Read More
- Download Instructions
Install Time: 2 - 4 hours Average estimated install time peformed by a professional shop or mechanic.
- Easy bolt-on installation.
- Fixes the common problem of manual tranmission TJs popping out or not engaging in 2nd, 4th and reverse gears.
- Lower gear selector is 1/2in longer than stock.
- Moves the base of the shifter 1.25in forward.
- Can be used in place of weld on extensions that usually come with a body lift kit.
- ONLY fits manual transmission models.
- ONLY fits AX-5 and AX-15 transmission models.
- Does NOT fit NV3550 transmission models.
- Fits models with up to a 2in body lift kit.
- Fits models with up to a 1.5in transfer case drop without a body lift kit.
- In the box
- Straight lower gear selector
|AX-5 and AX-15 Transmissions ONLY|
There are currently no customer photos. Add yours below!
- Photo Tips:
- Install the product first
- Take your photo in a well lit area
- Make sure your vehicle looks it's best
- Make sure your photo is in focus
- Hold the camera sideways (landscape mode)
- Avoid photographing parking lots, business signs, or people
Please submit your photo only once! After you submit your photo, it will be reviewed within 2-3 business days. Any image uploaded that does not accurately portray the product will not be approved.