Before You Lift
Please read all of the below steps before you begin installing your Rough Country product.
- Review the included instructions and verify you received all parts and hardware before proceeding with installation.
- If you are having a shop install your kit, don’t schedule the appointment until you’ve received your product and have verified you have all the components.
- If installing the lift yourself, verify you have all the necessary tools to complete the job. (If required, ball-joint presses, strut compressors, and other uncommon auto tools can be rented from many auto parts stores.)
- Clean your truck before installation. Whether it’s a home or shop install, cleaning the underside of your truck will save you time, money, and undue frustration.
- If you have rusting components under your vehicle, use a penetrating catalyst solution (such as PB B’laster) to easily remove rust and corrosion that would otherwise make it hard to remove nuts, bolts, and other parts.
- ALWAYS get an alignment as soon as possible after lifting. Failure to do so will result in faster wear and tear of your tires.
- Tighten all hardware after the first 500 miles after installation. After that, it is recommended that you check hardware every oil-change and tighten up if necessary. Refer to your instructions for torque specs.