Items covered by this Limited Warranty are:
- The following engine components - all internal lubricated engine parts, timing belt, pulleys and covers, engine mounts harmonics balancer, water and oil pump, manifolds, turbocharger housing, internal parts and vanes. Cases, housings, engine block and cylinder heads are only covered if damaged by the failure of an internal lubricated part;
- If the Vehicle has front-wheel drive - All internal lubricated parts, propeller shafts, axle shafts, front hub bearings, and constant velocity joints;
- If the Vehicle has rear-wheel drive - all internal lubricated parts, supports and U-joints, propeller shafts, bearings, and axle shafts.
- If the Vehicle has an automatic transmission - all internal lubricated transmission parts, vacuum modulator, and torque converter.
- If the Vehicle has a manual transmission - all internal lubricated transmission parts, provided, however, this Limited Warranty does not include any manual clutch, throw-out bearings, pilot bearing or bushing, slave cylinders pressure plate, or clutch master.
This Limited Warranty supplements the Vehicle's original manufacturer's warranty. A claim under this Limited Warranty may be made if and only if a claim under the Vehicle's original manufacturer's warranty was denied due to malfunction caused by the installation of a Rough Country suspension system installed in accordance with Rough Country's instructions.
This Limited Warranty is null and void after the earliest to occur of (a) the Vehicle having been in-service for five (5) years (measured by the Vehicle’s original in-service date); (b) the Vehicle having been operated for 100,000 miles, or (c) expiration of the Vehicle’s original manufacturer’s warranty. In order to make a claim under this Limited Warranty, written documentation must be provided by the Vehicle’s authorized repair facility to Rough Country that damage was caused by, and claim was denied due to, installation of a Rough Country suspension system.
The Limited Warranty does not apply to:
- Damage resulting from:
- Misuse, abuse, accident, neglect, negligence, vandalism, fire, riot, war, road conditions, racing, operation without proper lubrication or coolant, excessive oil consumption, acts of god or any cause of loss normally covered by insurance;
- Structural or other modification or alteration without prior express written authorization by Rough Country;
- Repair or attempted repair by unauthorized persons;
- Replacement of original components with substitutes without prior express written authorization by Rough Country;
- Exposure to corrosives, contaminants, chemicals, salt, irradiation or atmospheric or environmental conditions.
- Usage or loading in excess of recommended capacities or in non-standard applications; and
- Normal wear and tear.
- Vehicles on which the odometer has been tampered with or the reading altered; and
- Items that are not specifically listed in Section 1. Without limiting the foregoing, this Limited Warranty does not apply to damage to the following:
- carburetor, throttle body assembly, air conditioning systems, battery cables, belts, hoses, brakes, exhaust systems, contaminated fuel system filters, fluids, lights, lubricants, manual clutch disc, strut studs, and any repairs or service intended to cause the Vehicle to comply with any law or regulation;
- carpet, dashboard, doors, trim and upholstery, sound systems, graphic equalizers, speakers, telephones, radar detectors, and theft deterrent systems; and
- windows, glass, bumpers, body panels, door handles, hinges, moldings, convertible or vinyl tops, paint, rusted sheet metal, mirrors, air and water leaks, weather-stripping, wheel covers and physical damage, due to alignment of bumper and body parts.
- Damage resulting from:
This Limited Warranty will become null and void if the Purchaser fails to perform routine preventative maintenance (accurate and detailed maintenance records indicating the services performed must be provided to Rough Country before any claim will be accepted) or if the Purchaser uses the Vehicle, at any time, for commercial use.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ROUGH COUNTRY DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, ROUGH COUNTRY LIMITS THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. NO PERSON IS AUTHORIZED BY ROUGH COUNTRY OR ITS AFFILIATES TO ALTER, ENLARGE OR EXTEND WARRANTIES OR TO ALTER OR AMEND DISCLAIMERS.
Rough Country will reimburse you for the cost to repair any damaged item covered by this Limited Warranty as set forth (and subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty); above, however, the maximum amount Rough Country may pay under this Limited Warranty shall not exceed the lesser of the (a) price paid by the Purchaser for the Vehicle or (b) the fair market value of the Vehicle. Rough Country shall not be obligated to pay any towing or vehicle rental expenses. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE REMEDIES PROVIDED BY THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE THE EXCLUSIVE AND SOLE REMEDY OF THE PURCHASER.
Rough County's liability under this Limited Warranty does not extend to loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use (or loss of profits resulting therefrom), injury to property or persons, or any other special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages whatsoever. Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Any provision of this Limited Warranty which is prohibited or not enforceable in any jurisdiction shall be, as to such jurisdiction, ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or non-enforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof, and any such prohibition or non-enforceability in any jurisdiction shall not invalidate or render non-enforceable any such provision in any other jurisdiction.
This Limited Warranty is personal to the Purchaser and may not be assigned or transferred in any way, even if the Vehicle is sold. Any suit for breach of this Limited Warranty must be made within six-months after breach.
To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, Purchaser shall deliver the Vehicle to the Vehicle's factory authorized repair facility at Purchaser's cost. Then, Purchaser shall contact Rough County's Limited Warranty Claims Office at 1400 Morgan Rd., Dyersburg, TN 38024. Any and all repairs and claims must be approved by Rough County before repairs begin. Any repairs may be made with new or used parts, at the option of Rough Country. A $100 per claim deductible must be paid before repairs begin.